Thursday, September 25, 2008

So I am a nervous reck

So we only have one week left until Chris will be home again and I don't even know what to do with myself. I have so much I would like to accomplish, but all I really want to do is sit on our couch eat nothing but sweets and feel sorry for myself. That is the honest truth! Even though that sounds awesome to me I can't do that. I have to keep pushing forward and be the best mother and the best wife that I can be. Now is the time when all my boys need me the most and I hope and constantly pray that I can be that for them. I really couldn't have done this without God on my side. It is so miserable being away from the love of my life, my best friend, and the best father for my children. This has been the best experiance and the most important experiance of my whole life.  It really took a lot of myself to be strong for our kids and to support my husband while he was at sea. I felt like above all else that was my most important job and I know in my heart that I did the best that I knew how. I can't wait to see my husbands face again and all I really know at this point is that God is the only one that can get me through this hard time with such grace and peace. I give God all the glory!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Hang in there Erin! I know just what you're going through. It is really hard being a support to when you feel like you're giving all you have and there is nothing left over for yourself. God is truly the only way to get through it. Melinda

The Koza's said...

Erin, you know that your are doing the best that you can and that is all that matters! Kepp yourself busy with all the things that you would like to get done, and the time will fly by. Before you know it, he will be home and you will be yourself again. Just don't get on yourself if everything isn't done. All he cares about is being home and spending time with his family. Not if the house is spotless or not. Take care and make sure you reward yourself for doing such an awesome job!!!

Zac and Christine said...

Girl, you are amazing. Look at everything you have made it through. I'm sure Chris just wants to see you and the boys, so take a deep breath, relax and dont stress the small stuff!!